DIY Butterfly Card 1
This card I made with a photograph I took of an angel statue in my home. If you have angels, or any other statues for that matter, try your hand and photographing them as a focal point for your next DIY card. I had my photograph printed at Walgreens, but you can print yours on photo paper using your color printer.
- I used a blank note card for this project, 5 x 7″, Smooth Ivory A7.
- I tore a piece of decorative scrapbook paper (ivory, beige and black design) for added color and adhered that piece first on the card.
- I then cut a deep red rectangular piece of scrapbook paper, which I adhered on the card next, slightly overlapping the first piece of paper.
- I cut around my angel photograph with decorative edged scissors.
- I then tied a piece of ivory organza ribbon around my photograph, with the bow on the front.
- I adhered the photograph in the center of the card.
- I added a deep red punched butterfly to the angel’s hand, and bent the wings up slightly for added detail.
Pretty, and can be used for any occasion.