DIY Butterfly Card 2
- I used a piece of ivory scrapbook paper with handwriting on it and adhered it to the left side of the card in a vertical manner; this covered up the original words, “thank you”.
- I then wrapped the front of the card with silver stretch cord and tied it on the front.
- To make the dimensional butterfly:
- I stamped a piece of peach colored scrapbooking paper with my large butterfly stamp (using black ink).
- I used clear tape to cover the butterfly entirely, adding stiffness to the paper.
- I used my small craft scissors to cut out the stamped and taped butterfly.
- I rolled the wings over a wide pen and bent the wings at the center of the body for added dimension.
- I adhered the butterfly to the card, covering the cut ends of the silver stretch cord.
- I used my “thinking of you” stamp for my sentiment on the front of the card.
Pretty, and an easy way to repurpose an existing card to meet a specific need or occasion.