DIY Butterfly Card 3
- I used a blank note card for this project, 5 x 7″, Smooth Ivory A7.
- I cut a piece of decorative scrapbook paper (ivory, beige, and black) to fit the card but with a diagonal angle near the top of the card.
- I then wrapped the front of the paper (toward the bottom) with silver stretch cord and taped down the ends on the back.
- I then adhered this piece to the front of the ivory notecard; hiding the taped silver cord ends underneath.
- I used my large butterfly stamp (with black ink) to add butterflies on the blank part of the card at the top, in a diagonal fashion; make sure to block the rest of the card from the stamp.
- I adhered a red piece of scrapbook paper for trim to separate the stamped butterflies from the decorative scrapbooking paper.
- I added three adhesive rhinestones to the red trim for added embellishment.
- I then punched two butterflies with my small butterfly punch, using decorative red paper, and adhere them to the card using adhesive foam dots for added dimension.
- I used my “thinking of you” stamp for my sentiment on the front of the card.
This card take a little more time and planning, but is really elegant.