Time Needed: Up to 10 minutes.
Project Level: Very easy.
Decorate any room with these fun and easy to make colorful lanterns.
I just love paper lanterns for party celebrations, and thought it would be fun to make some with butterflies. All you need is a computer and color printer, scissors, tape, and a votive candle.
- Simply download this colorful Paper Lanterns Template.
- Print both pages on your color printer on standard 8.5×11″ white or colored paper. Print multiple copies for multiple lanterns.
- Once printed, fold the pages in half across the grey lines.
- Use scissors to cut along the grey lines, but don’t cut beyond them.
- Feel free to add extra elegance to your lantern by cutting along the top and bottom of each page with decorative edged scrapbooking scissors.
- Unfold your pages and use clear tape to secure the page ends long-wise to form the lantern.
- Gently bend the pages as needed to shape your lantern, and place them upright over your votive candle.
I recommend placing votive or tea light candles in glass holders before inserting into the lantern. Dim the lights, and enjoy!